Good evening to all:
Let me start by hoping all our Blue Knights Mothers had a wonderful Mothers Day! Please remember those of us that have Mother’s that have gone to be with God and is no longer with us here on earth.
We had our May meeting at the Butts and Barley Smokehouse with 10 members in attendance. After some small talk and greeting each other Randy said the blessing and we sat down for some good old fashion BBQ. Our host “Eva” always makes sure we’re taken care of when we hold our meetings at her restaurant.
After lunch we called the meeting to order and began with solving the “Mystery Rider” puzzle. After passing a photo around to members for identification, it turned out the “Mystery Rider” with the “Water Melon” helmet was none other than our own Tom S. “Yes” Tom “Does” own a Motorcycle and “Yes” he will join us on another ride “Some Day”! We all had a good laugh at Tom’s expense but it was all in fun!
The RMDH cookout was open for discussion with the following details put in place.
1. All members will meet at the QT on Mansell Rd. at 2:00 PM (Please plan on riding your MC. to this event. To see the look on the children’s faces to see all the Motorcycles is Priceless)
2. All items can be dropped off at Randy’s and Barbs (970 Melody Lane Roswell). There will be a big white cooler in the car port. Please text Barbara @678-642-3437 if you have any questions
3. Bob C volunteered to provide the remaining items left, Coleslaw and fruit salad.
4. The food list can be found at the following website: signupgenius.com
5. Tom and I will ride down to the Ronald McDonald House the week prior to the cookout to meet our contact person and to gather information we need before our arrival for the cookout.
The Tasting & Tour package for four provided by Kaya Winery in Dahlonega was discussed and the possibility of selling tickets at the upcoming SRC in Pine Mountain Ga. David B gracefully volunteered to provide the limousine service for the winners of this prize package. Thanks David! We will further discuss this at our June Meeting.
Mark your calendar’s for the August meeting at which time we’ll be starting the photo sessions of members and their old Iron Horses so get out the old wax and polish them boy’s up! This will be provided
by “Photo’s By Debi”
After all business matters were discussed we held the 50/50 drawing to which Chaplain Randy H was the winner. Randy donated the winnings back to the general fund. Thanks Randy!
Last but not least, it was voted to have our June meeting at the Golden Corral in Alpharetta at 9:30 AM. We will have breakfast and a short meeting. Afterwards we will “Ride” so get them riding boots on!
Until next time,
Ride With Pride